New Year, New Me(mory)

Some things in me really need changing. I think it's pretty cool that culturally, and internationally, we celebrate the New Year. We get so excited about new beginnings, because we all need them. We all need a fresh start. Thankfully, in a way, we have 365 fresh starts ahead of us. Or I don't know how many hours or minutes there are in a year, but those are fresh starts, too. It's just that the New Year is a fresh start of epic proportions, and boy do we know it.

I wouldn't say I've made any concrete resolutions, but there are a few things I'm really trying to learn and apply.

One thing is that I am trying to do to help myself change is memorize Scriptures. I tried to do this a couple of years ago, but it was unsuccessful. What's going to make this year any different? I'm trying again. And when you fail, I guess that's all you can do, until you succeed. And I'm also praying for the ability, which I don't recall doing last time. I usually forget to pray about most things, even though I'm supposed to "pray without ceasing." Gotta learn sometime!

I'm also trying to incorporate some other new habits to aid memorization and consistency, which perhaps I'll discuss more later.

It would be really fun if any ladies out there wanted to join me, which you can do by clicking here and posting your verse for the first two weeks of the year in the comments section. If you're confused about what's going on, click here for instructions.

Personally, I think it would be super cool to meet up with you at the celebration next January. All you need is air fare and a place to stay, which is usually a hotel. Maybe you can share a room with me??

Comments

Dana said…
Wow, thanks for this! What's your verse? Here's mines:
And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new." Also he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." (Revelation 21:5 ESV)
Dana said…
ps: YOU are part of "all things"!
I tried to leave my verse on here the other day, but I guess it didn't save. Here it is!:

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline." 2 Tim 1:7 NLT
Unknown said…
I really want to do this with you! But I am too late to join on the Siesta site. But I can always just comment you here or on FB. =D Good Luck! I'm praying for your fortitude to finish this project. Here's mine for the first two weeks:

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He will give you the desires of your heart". Psalm 34:4

Its simple and meaningful to me right now.
Unknown said…
PS, I love your vs. Syd.

Popular Posts