Heart-Reader

I really like the music in the Toyota Venza commercials.
* * * *

WOW, Kerry Hasenbalg does it again. The following is an excerpt from her recent blog that seemed to speak into those throbbing, questioning parts of my mind and heart. Please be encouraged and exhorted as I was:

There once was a boy who had many broken toys. So, this boy took his toys to the toymaker and asked, “Will you fix my broken toys?” The toymaker replied, “I most certainly will.” The next day the little boy looked at his toys and much to his disappointment he saw that his toys were still broken, so he asked the toymaker again, “Will you please fix my broken toys?” And again the toymaker replied exactly as He did the first time, “Yes, I most certainly will.” The following day the boy looked and once again found that his toys were still broken. So, he decided to ask the toymaker a different question, “Sir, if you said you would fix my broken toys, why have you not done it yet?” And the toymaker answered, “Because you will not let go of them!”

In order for God to turn our ashes into beauty, we must be willing to let go and entrust our ashes to Him! As we bring our ashes to the foot of the cross, let us believe that He will be faithful to exchange our ashes for beauty in His time and in His way.

And when we are wiling to take this "risk" and really "let go"of our controlling and fearful grip on these things, we will finally have the opportunity to “see” for ourselves how things work in the Lord’s economy. And I believe the experiencing of this exchange process is what builds our trust in God and teaches us to desire His blessed presence with an undivided heart in all things and above all things.

http://kerryhasenbalg.typepad.com/blog/

I have broken a toy or twelve in my day. Letting them go for the fixing seems the most unnatural thing to do, because I feel like I have to fix it since I broke it. Yet, no! I will just make the problem worse, in most cases. Let my Creator fix it.

Comments

Unknown said…
This one made me smile. Got to love how we keep clinging to the broken even when we ask for help in healing.
Ashley said…
syd, i'm loving this blog. thanks for introducing it to me. one of my favorites also had a particularly encouraging post lately. there's a song on there right now called "unredeemed" and it's pretty amazing. "life breaks and falls apart/but these are just places/where grace is soon to be amazing/they may be unfulfilled/they may be unrestored/but when anything that's shattered is laid before the lord/just watch and see/it will not be unredeemed" i've been thinking on this in conjunction with the blog you quoted, and how wonderful the picture is of the Lord's redemption. and how he takes all of our losses, and brokenness, and all the toys we've completely destroyed, and redeems them. it's pretty amazing. also, should you want to check out the blog, its audreycaroline.blogspot.com. the woman who writes it is actually the wife of one of the members of Selah. tomorrow is the one year anniversary of their baby daughters death--it definitely puts a new spin on redemption in hard times.

Popular Posts