Meet the Missus

It's been almost two months since I posted, and a wedding surely took place between then and now. One of the oddest yet certainly best days of my life. 

A few days before the *outdoor* wedding ceremony of very humble means, a cold front moved in on us. There was some debate for a few days about whether or not the clash of the fronts would take place on the day before, or the day of my very own wedding. 

3 days before the wedding, it looked like it was going to be the DAY OF scenario, and I was envisioning horrific nightmares-come-true of all our guests sitting in the reception hall at assigned seats, watching us wed.

My poor, stressed husband-to-be listened to my desperate cries about how it would simply be the worst thing I'd ever endured if it rained. I wanted the weather to reflect my feelings about the event, so therefore I wanted sun rays, fluttering butterflies, gentle breezes elevating my veil ever so slightly, and euphoric waves of fresh air and rustling leaves. Not to mention photographs with a backdrop of wild loveliness. 

My ever-so-sensitive husband-to-be told me to pretty much suck it up and deal with the fact that I am a grown woman, not a Disney princess, and the most important thing to me should be "getting married," not getting married in beautiful weather. And there was nothing we could control about the weather, so stop stressing and move on to the "controllables." My groom was so right. 

. . . . . . .

And the day of my wedding dawned one of the most beautiful this girl has ever lived through in her 28 years. I walked my dogs in the morning and cried choking sobs over the absolute GIFT that was the beauty of the day that the Lord had made. I felt like God, the Father-of-this-bride, handed me that beautiful day wrapped up with a bow on it. Breathtaking. 

I urge you to LIKE Scott Henderson Photography on Facebook so you can see the photographic evidence of this fairytale weather. 

I'm so happy we are married now, and so thankful for the day that went by faster than anything ever, but simultaneously felt surreal and perfect and fit-for-a-Disney-princess. 

Now for the nitty-gritty of learning to be a Wife, even when it rains. 

Comments

Popular Posts